April 12, 2011

Re-purposing Wooden Windows

I have been on the hunt for some vintage windows, and recently found some!  I was so excited about re-purposing these, and using them in my home.  The windows I found had 6 panes in them.  I used one of them as a weekly calendar, and the other as a picture frame.  Below is a picture of the calendar, and as soon as I add some pictures to my other frame, I will post a picture of it as well.  The vintage window is perfect for a weekly calendar because the dry erase marker comes off clean and easy, so it doesn't leave those annoying streaks like a while board does.  After I picked up the windows, I used 2 screws, one in each of the upper corners, and screwed them about half way in.  I then used picture hanging wire, and knotted the end around the first screw, and then finished screwing it in the rest of the way.  After the first screw was in, I decided how much wire I needed for hanging, and cut it.  I then repeated what I had done with the first screw, and then I twisted the remaining wire tails around the main wire to give it a clean look.

No comments:

Post a Comment