April 29, 2011

My free chairs

Back in October I found a set of 4  free ladderback chairs sitting on the side of the road, so of course I snatched them up.  When I got them, the woven seats were falling apart, the stain was rubbed off in some areas, and they weren't in the best shape, but they had serious potential.  I haven't totally finished them, but I did finish priming them, and it is getting me a little excited!

Here is what the chairs looked like when I first got them~





Here are the chairs after removing the weaving, and giving them a rough sanding~



Here they are after priming~




Now I can't wait to get them painted and glazed, hopefully this weekend if all goes to plan, then it will be on to making a new upholstered seat for these bad boys!  Yayyy

No comments:

Post a Comment