April 19, 2011

Child's couch recovered

I am just beginning the process of learning to sew, but I think I did a pretty darn good job recovering this garage sale couch that my daughter wanted.  This couch was pretty stained, and the foam pieces were pulling apart, and it was in serious need of some TLC.  I took before and after pictures, but didn't get pictures of the process since I am new to the sewing world, and was kind of learning as I went along.  I am glad that this is now something that I can have in my living room that doesn't make my eyes hurt! On the bottom of the couch, there is a zipper, so the cover can be removed and washed (necessary when you have young kids!).  I removed the zipper from the original cover to use on the new one.  You could also just use elastic, and make a casing around the bottom of all of the fabric, thread the elastic through, sew the ends of the elastic together, and just leave it open at the bottom.

Here is the couch before~



Here is the couch after~ (I still have to attach the velcro to keep the seat fabric down when the couch is open, but it is much better)





Look at these lines though, perfectly aligned.  Way to go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment