July 4, 2011

Picture frame makeover

I am always interested in finding any type of frames, mirrors, or pretty much anything that has lots of detail on it.  I recently found these frames at a garage sale for $0.50, and I loved the detail on them.  I figured I could spruce 'em up a bit.  Frames are the easiest things to paint. seriously! A can of spray paint, some glaze if you would like, or perhaps just a bit of sandpaper, like I used.
Here are the frames as they were when I bought them :)



I mean, they were so great that I probably could have done nothing with them.  Look at those beautiful flowers printed on those cardboard backs..... Yeah, but anyways, I first pulled those beautiful flower pictures out of the frames, made sure the frames were dust free, and sprayed them with a couple layers of spray paint. Once the frames were totally covered, and dry, I took a piece of sand paper, and lightly ran it over the raised portions of the frame, and voila






Now I just need to figure out if I should leave them empty, or if I should do a little make over / cover up of te beautiful flowers, and have something actually nice in the cute new frames.....decisions decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment